History

The West Yorkshire Society of Architects

Founded in 1876 and Incorporated in 1885 under the Companies Act 1867, Section 23

Headquarters

May 2014 – present – c/o Hon.Secretary office, Airedale Architects, Albion Mills, Bradford

Feb 2009 – May 2014 – Riverside Studios, The Calls, Leeds

Jan 2006 – Feb 2009 – Green Sand Foundry, Holbeck, Leeds

Dec 1934 – Jan 2006 – 8 Woodhouse Square, Leeds

Unknown – Dec 1934 – 62 Woodhouse Lane, Leeds

 

Province

Parts of the West and North Ridings of Yorkshire. The southern boundary is a line following the northern boundaries of Penistone Rural District, the Darton and Royston Urban Districts and the southern boundaries of the Hemsworth, Osgoldcross and Selby Rural Districts. The eastern boundary is a line following the south and west banks of the rivers Ouse and Wharfe from Goole to Wetherby, inclusive of Tadcaster and Wetherby, thence following the west boundary of the Great North Road to Boroughbridge, thence following the northern boundary of the railway line from Boroughbridge to Pilmoor Station, and thence the eastern boudary of the British Railways, Noth-Eastern Region, main line to the county boundary of Durham. Centre – Leeds